Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57735 - 10/01/2002 21:27 "Never Shuffle" feature
seang
new poster

I use the shuffle feature quite a bit on my Empeg but I do have a few playlists whose tracks have transitions to the next track. It would be helpful if I could mark these playlists so that they never shuffle instead of going thru the menus every time I want to hear them. Something that could be added to the next beta or final release of 2.0?

#57736 - 11/01/2002 20:02 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: seang]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
It would be helpful if I could mark these playlists so that they never shuffle

Hey, good point. I knew there was an option in Emplode to "Always Shuffle" a playlist, and I had it in mind that there was another option to "Never Shuffle" as well, but I just checked and there isn't.

That would indeed be a worthy addition to the Emplode feature set.

tanstaafl.

#57737 - 11/01/2002 20:09 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: seang]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
you could just set the ones you want to shuffle to always shuffle and leave shuffle off

Matt

#57738 - 11/01/2002 20:14 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
you could just set the ones you want to shuffle to always shuffle and leave shuffle off

Discussed before.

This doesn't work for playing the whole player, as it would sub-shuffle albums and it would shuffle the order of the albums, but wouldn't shuffle it as a whole group. In other words, you'd get a shuffled Rush album, then a shuffled Bruce Springsteen album, then a shuffled N'Synch album, but not everyone all mixed up.

Unless they changed that behavior without my knowledge.

#57739 - 11/01/2002 20:32 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: tfabris]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
tfabris: This doesn't work for playing the whole player, as it would sub-shuffle albums and it would shuffle the order of the albums, but wouldn't shuffle it as a whole group

Whoa. Do we have anybody on the BBS who is an expert in Chaos Theory?.

.... , you'd get a shuffled Rush album

Don't Rush albums come that way from the factory by default??

(Seriously, great feature suggestion, seang. Especially applicable to soundtracks and live stuff...)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#57740 - 11/01/2002 20:49 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I didn't think that is what he was trying to do I thought it sounded like he was just trying to not have to go through the menus to turn it off and on

like if you like to play rush shuffled the you want to play springsteen unshuffled he doesn't want to have to go through the menus to turn it back off

at least thats what it sounds like to me

Matt

#57741 - 11/01/2002 21:24 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: jimhogan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I thought I was the only one that thought Rush albums felt haphazardly arranged. Glad to see I'm not.

#57742 - 12/01/2002 00:21 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I thought I was the only one that thought Rush albums felt haphazardly arranged. Glad to see I'm not.

Depends on the album. There are certain Rush albums where the sequence of songs is absolutely critical and they should not be listened to in any other order. Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Power Windows come to mind right away.

Other albums, I couldn't care less what order the songs are in.

Rush themselves would agree with me, I'm sure. I've heard them talk about how some of the albums were very difficult to sequence, whereas others fell into place automatically.

#57743 - 12/01/2002 07:30 Re: "Never Shuffle" feature [Re: tanstaafl.]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Wasn't there a playlist flag (or was it just wishlist item) 'treat as a whole' or '...as a single tune' or something to that effect?
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue